Monday, December 19, 2016

Changes to my study program

Hi, today I’m going to talk about changes to my study program.

I am just in the second year of my career, so I don’t know most of the subjects and teachers, so I think that in the future I’ll have a more thorough and critical opinion formed, but for now I’ll talk about what I know at the present time.

Since 2012 my study program changed, today my career program is based on “competencies”, this mean that now the focus is on training you as a competitive professional.

I would like to change some program subjects, like remove physics or propose it as elective course (but honestly I don’t think people want to take it). Another subject that I think that I would change is biochemistry, I would change it for organic biochemistry, because biochemistry covers topics that are not related with the career.

I would like to add a subject about pure ecology, which focuses on plants, animals and fungi in the same proportion, because I think that is very important fully understand the environments and ecosystems.

One thing that I really hate is that the time is only administered for core subjects, and we don’t have time for the electives! Many people have to take elective subjects at lunch time or at protected time (which is a time destined to discussing student problems), That’s a big program problem.


Even after all this thing that I talked to you, I really comfortable in my career, and I hope you are too!

1 comment: